A little bit of outlining, and Ronnie Jado is done! Click on his picture for a more detailed image.
I finished filling in all the purple of the flower. I wish there was a little more detail in the flower, to match the detail in the butterfly and cone. The shadow in the original picture didn't quite turn out right in the cross-stitch. But all in all, Ronnie Jado looks pretty good!
The cone is pretty much done and I'm on to purple…lots and lots of purple…
The flower is starting to look like a flower (at first I thought it looked like orange cough syrup spilled underneath poor Ronnie Jado!).
Ronnie Jado's body is all done and now he's getting his flower to sit on. He says it's kinda strange having his back two legs suspended in mid-air while I work the left half of the flower.
Ronnie Jado's wings are almost complete. He's looking forward to when I complete his body.
The cool eyespots are in…doesn't Ronnie Jado look cool? (The name is derived from the Spanish word for orange, "anaranjado". I couldn't spend this many hours working on something and not give it a name!!)
Ronnie Jado's top wing is finished…
Rich says this is "beyond potential". I love seeing the detail in the wings develop!
More of the wing is done, including some of the first orange patches. There are so many colors in this design, and it takes a long time to stitch, but it's totally worth it. :)
It's a start…but I think it has potential…
My current cross-stitch is a design I generated from one of my photographs. I took the picture of the Painted Lady at Callaway Gardens when we were there for our 5th anniversary. Here's the original picture… This is the preview that my cross-stitch program gave me for this design.