Well, the sod never showed up, but we did get the new sprinkler valves all in. They even work.
I dug up the pipes and the area for the new valve box, then Rich did all the pipe plumbing magic while I moved around the mulch. Then we got it all filled in. Thanks again for the help with the leaking compression link, Pete!
The front yard looks pretty pathetic with all the grass gone. But the mountain of mulch is gone from the driveway! The roses are blooming nicely in the front right now.
The rose beds in the backyard look great with their new layer of mulch.
I can’t wait to fill in the holes in the sod in the backyard. Hopefully they will deliver the sod tomorrow.
We had two more birds in the backyard this evening – a hawk (I didn’t see which) and a male Common Yellowthroat! The little birds definitely enjoy our viburnum hedge. It has lots of good hiding places.